Help for those who struggle with self
confidence or depression.
Is it hard for you to say no because you feel guilty or afraid you’ll hurt the other person’s feelings? Are you a people pleaser? Do you have a hard time standing up for yourself with your partner, boss, coworkers or your family?
I work with people, just like you, who struggle with these issues. They often feel depressed and bad about themselves.
Some causes of self esteem and confidence problems?
- an inner dialog with yourself that is critical, “Why am I so lazy?” “You’re such an idiot!”
- focusing on what you do wrong and ignoring what you do right
- being a perfectionist who holds yourself to a higher standard than you hold others
- people taking advantage of you or putting you down
- difficulty having compassion for yourself
- looking to others for confirmation you’re okay rather than yourself
- unrealistic expectations of yourself that you can’t possibly meet or that you give yourself little or no credit for when you do.
Most people aren’t usually aware of what they’re telling themselves or their behaviors, on a daily basis, that rob them of their confidence.
How can counseling help?
We’ll work together to figure out what gets in the way of you having better self esteem. I’ll help you to see and do things in a new way that allows you to feel good about yourself, your worth and what you have to offer others.
If you’re tired of feeling bad about yourself contact me:
Lynne Coon, MS — counselor serving communities in the greater Portland metropolitan area including: Portland, Vancouver, Lake Oswego, Tigard, Tualatin, Beaverton, Milwaukie, Oregon City, Hillsboro, Forest Grove, King City, West Linn, Wilsonville, Gresham, Troutdale, Scappoose, St Helens, Camas, Brush Prairie, Battle Ground, and Multnomah County, Clackamas County, Washington County and Clark County